All creative types get into a rut. Sometimes it's a paralyzing lack of inspiration and other times it's less obvious that you're in one. Either way, the solution is simple: Go back to the basics.
With inspiring conversation and instruction from traveling illustrator Martina Martian and writer/editor Sahaj Kohli, you'll abandon all boundaries in your creative process and simply just create. Don't worry if you're not an illustrator or a writer, this CraftJam is made for those daring to try something new, in need of inspiration, or curious about how to play with and intertwine different creative forms. We hope to help you realize that all the inspiration you need lies within you.
In 2 hours you'll:
- Explore the heart of your story through quick-fire writing exercises. After all, we all have at least one.
- Be your own inspiration and come up with your own mantra through guided instruction.
- Experiment with illustration by stepping out of your comfort zone.
- Discover new techniques and ways to create your art through prompts and challenges.
- Develop a final artwork of your choosing.
- Engage in an open Q&A and inspiring conversation with Martina and Sahaj
No matter where you are in your creative process, free-form and stepping out of your comfort zone will add wonders to your productivity. We hope you'll leave this class learning something new about yourself. :) Again, this class is beginner-friendly; absolutely no experience necessary! Bring yourself and your preferred creative materials.