CraftJam is self-care through crafting. We’re making crafting modern, social, and memorable. Our beginner-friendly workshops, led by energetic JamMasters, are filled with happy Jammers who learn, craft, and connect. Real people, real-time, real community.
What is CraftJam?
We offer over 80 unique arts and craft workshops and have conducted more than 2,500 events, teaching over 25,000 people how to make something.
In addition to our ticketed events we hold private team building events. We’ve facilitated workshops for 10-1000 people.
As part of a fun, hardworking and talented team, you will have the chance to support and make hip arts crafts with a group
of passionate business and craft folks.
Find more info about our open positions below.
Freelance Photographer (NYC)
We are looking for NYC-based talented photographers who have experience with shots and styling. Photo assistants and those looking to build their portfolios are encouraged to apply.
- Photograph products, craft projects, models, and events for Craftjam’s website and social media platforms.
- Create shot lists and contribute to overall creative direction for photoshoots/branding.
- Source props and models for photo shoots, manage model releases.
- Set up seamless backdrops and lighting, style sets.
- Edit photographs, provide high-resolution deliverables within 48 hours of shoot or by pre-determined comms calendar deadline.
- Must be based in NYC.
- Experience with still-life photography.
- Capability to turn around shots in little time with tight deadlines.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and stand for extended periods of time.
- Proficiency with professional-grade photography equipment and processes.
- Lighting experience.
- Must provide their own computer and photography equipment (Craftjam can provide some lights, seamless paper, and lighting stands, etc. Whatever else you guys have).
- Knowledge of Adobe Light and Photoshop.
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Airtable,and Slack. Comfort working solo.
Available to work
- 2 Days a week to start, and possibly growing to 3 or 4 days a week in a few months