We plan. We organize. We think up projects. We try things and we test them out. We educate brilliant JamMasters to teach our classes. And we welcome curious Jammers to attend.
We’re CraftJam. We do a lot. But the most important thing we do as a company is make.
We make time to help each other. And we make it a priority to embrace our differences. Our team feels safe and heard just the way they are, because we make sure of it.
We value honesty, ambition, empathy, teamwork, and the personal bests that make us who we are. We fix our mistakes together and are made better from them.
Making works well for us.
If you’re excited to bring us your amazing, eclectic skills, then let’s make the best of it together.
Editorial/Creative Internship at CraftJam
CraftJam is seeking an editorial intern in New York City. This internship is an exciting opportunity for a young professional who loves crafting and DIY and who wants to grow their editorial and social media skill sets in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while experiencing the of excitement of a growing start up company. We are looking for an intern with a great work ethic and good sense of humor, who knows how to write engaging content with millennial sensibility.
The intern will work closely with the head of content to research trends, help with craft project creation, write blog posts and workshop descriptions and contribute to our social media accounts, as well as assist in photo and video shoots.
We’re looking for someone with wit and a style, who has a strong command of popular culture and is clever social media and internet user. Smart humor and the ability to understand and make cultural references are a must.
The potential intern should be willing to commit to at least 15 hours a week (Monday through Friday) for a duration of at least three months at the CraftJam office in Flatiron. This position requires attention to detail, as well as strong research and writing skills, and the ideal candidate should be highly motivated and full of ideas. Knowledge in crafting and DIY is appreciated as well as great sense of humor.
- Help to brainstorm and execute editorial and social media content including researching and writing blog posts, aggregating topics for posting on social media.
- Assist in the creation of projects for CraftJams, including research, writing project descriptions, and making sample projects.
- Helping with press collaborations.
- Assist on photo and video shoots for projects and campaigns including material preparation, tracking of shoot checklists and troubleshooting.
- A passion for writing and producing engaging content for web and print
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge in crafts e.g. knitting, hand lettering, macrame, drawing, embroidery etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proficiency in Apple products including Mac and Keynote, as well as Google products including Docs.
- Photography and design skills, as well as knowledge of Photoshop a definite plus!
- Must be available to work 10 - 20 hours per week. Work time is flexible as long as deadlines are kept.
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please submit two short writing samples and links to your social media accounts that reflect best your writing style along with your application.
Perhaps you learned knitting from grandma, or jewelry making from a friend. The gift of crafting forms bonds, and creates lasting memories. Share your gift by becoming a JamMaster, a certified CraftJam teacher.
As a JamMaster, you’ll inspire smalls groups of people with your crafting passion – and earn money doing it. Apply here!