Sugar Skull Embroidery
Start stitching! Learn easy embroidery stitches in our special, themed beginner-friendly Sugar Skull Embroidery Workshop. Sugar skulls are a staple in Día de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, which is a celebratory holiday in Mexico and Latin America that honors life and death. Sugar skulls are created and placed on ofrendas, which are altars created by families during Day of the Dead to honor their loved ones that have passed on. The sugar skull motif has become increasingly popular worldwide and is the perfect decorative element for the Halloween and Día de los Muertos season. We’ll give you a rundown on the basics of this classic craft and help you create the perfect decoration!
In just under 2 hours you’ll learn:
- How to prep your embroidery hoop for DIY magic
- How to create and transfer your design onto fabric
- How to use embroidery thread
- íHow to start and end your embroidery project using a special Sugar Skull pattern
- How to create essential embroidery stitches, such as the running stitch, back stitch and chain stitch.
New to our virtual workshops? Learn all about how they work here.