Shibori Dyed Napkins
Throwing a dinner party? Who says the napkins can’t be the star of the show! Impress your dinner guests with one-of-a-kind hand-dyed Shibori napkins! In this CraftJam, you will take six cotton napkins from white to WOW by learning the ancient Japanese dyeing technique known as Shibori, which involves folding, twisting, bunching or binding cloth to create incredible and totally unique patterns when placed in rich indigo dye.
In this CraftJam, you will learn:
- How to prep your fabric for dyeing
- How to set up your workspace
- How to manipulate your fabric to create patterns through resist dyeing
- How to rinse and prep your piece for washing
- How to troubleshoot and re-dye as necessary
This class is beginner-friendly; no experience necessary!
New to our virtual workshops? Learn all about how they work here.