Papier Mache: Halloween Decor
More sculpture and less Kindergarten art project, our latest workshop marries humble, everyday materials like newspaper and glue with your imagination to create a spine-chilling masterpiece! Join us for a special 2-part class to learn how to craft adorable Halloween themed decor using simple papier mache and painting techniques.
Part one will take you through crafting the base shape of your papier mache masterpieces, whether you choose ghosts, pumpkins, bats and more! Part two will cover the painting process and finishing your pieces including stringing or prepping to create a mobile. Whatever style you choose it’s sure to bring some spooky fun to your Halloween crafting and decor!
In this workshop you will learn:
- What materials to use for papier mache art
- How to sculpt your custom art piece
- How to use papier mache mixture
- How to finish your art piece with acrylic paint
- How to string your finished pieces to create garland
Our kit includes:
- Small Modge Podge Matte-Mat – 4oz
- Brown kraft (pack) paper (2ft)
- Foam Brush
- 4 Piece Acrylic Paint Set
- Black Acrylic Paint – 2 oz.
- White Acrylic Paint – 2 oz
- Acrylic/Oil Round Brush #6
- Acrylic/Oil Round Brush #10
- Plastic Palette – 6 Cavity
- Elmer’s School Glue – 4oz
- Newsprint – White 12X18 (15 sheets)
- Masking Tape – 1/2″ x 60 yds.
- Bakers Twine (1yd)
Supplies you should have at home:
- 6″ bowl for water, preferably disposable (plastic cereal bowls work well)
- towel/paper towel for drying hands//help with glue on hands