iPad Lettering 1 + 2
Impress your boo, family and fans by sending them your very own, professional digital greeting card. Or just make your hand lettered inspirational quote go viral on Instagram with those oh-so-smooth serifs!
In this two session Beginner iPad Lettering workshop, on July 24 and July 23, our skilled JamMaster will guide you in getting comfortable with the most popular digital painting software, Procreate, and help you to get started on – and finish! – a gorgeous project. Don’t worry – we’ll make sure you’ve packed those essential features in your toolbox to become the next new digital scribe-star.
In this CraftJam, you will learn:
- How to use essential features including toolbars, canvas, and guidelines
- Understand how to use layers to set up your own guide grid lines
- Grouping, merging, and duplicating layers
- How to adjust layer opacity and style
- How to adjust the right brushes for your project as well as add brushes from artists downloaded via the internet
- How to apply the pressure to the Apple pencil for different effects, including pencil shading and calligraphy brush work
- How to use alpha locks and layer fills to quickly apply color effects to different parts of your artwork
- How to make smart shapes (circles, squares, curves, straight lines) and adjust the settings for those smart shapes, including selecting, duplicating and adjusting shapes
- An overview of the use of colors, including selection, changing, filling, gradience, and adding color palettes.
- How to add texture to art
- How to use a photographic backgrounds
- iPad capable of running Apple Pencil. (Definitely iPad Pro, but works also with some models of regular iPad)
- Apple Pencil (other stylists might work, too, but we won’t be able to help you troubleshoot if they don’t work)
- Procreate software logged in with the current 5.0 version. The app costs $9.99, available in the Apple app store. For any questions hereto, please read their FAQs. (Jammers can try some techniques in other apps, but tools and tricks are likely to be different and won’t apply exactly.)
New to our virtual workshops? Learn all about how they work here.