Go ahead and wear your heart on your sleeve! Embroidered patches are the most fun way to add extra flair to your daily style, like on your denim jacket or tote bag. In our beginner-friendly class we’ll give you a rundown on the basics of this classic craft.
In this CraftJam, you will learn:
- how to use felt to create a patch
- how to create and transfer your design onto felt
- the basics of selecting the perfect thread
- how to start and end your embroidery project
- how to create essential embroidery stitches, such as the running stitch, back stitch, and blanket stitch
- how to attach your patch (e.g. on coats or tote bags)
We’ve got everything you need, including a colorful selection of threads and supplies as well as design suggestions.
We encourage you to brainstorm and print out any ideas you have for your embroidery project. We suggest simple line drawings, something that isn’t too complicated to complete in the two hour workshop. The embroidery hoops are 4”, so keep your design to around 2”-3”.
We have also a selection of beginner friendly embroidery patterns, so don't fret if you don't have time to print your own! You are of course free to draw your own original designs.
BYOB! Crafting is made better with a good drink in hand.
CraftJams are hosted in an intimate setting with twelve attendee maximums.Make sure to purchase your ticket before the event is sold out!
Please note: supplies may vary based on availability.
Other Available Dates