Gain confidence in your Watercolor Lettering practice with this 3-hour workshop focused on lettering, simple blending, and painting lead by Shelly Kim from Letters by Shells. Not only will you cover the basics of watercolor lettering with Shelly, but you will also learn additional techniques which makes this the perfect class for calligraphy, lettering and painting newbies!
In this CraftJam you will:
- Learn ways to hold your watercolor brush
- Practice Techniques and Watercolor Basics (blending, wet on wet technique, etc.)
- Understand how to use the pigments
- Practice differing pressure levels
- Learn the differences between watercolor paper/textures
- Work on common practice drills for watercolors
- Connect Letters
- Understand the different styles that can be achieved
- Doodle watercolor leaves, veggies (painting carrots) and roses
This is a beginner-friendly workshop where you will be able to practice both uppercase and lowercase alphabet by breaking down the connections to each letter in a word, and work through frequently asked questions with Shelly in the process!
All materials for this class will be provided, including:
- Watercolor Set: Watercolor Pigments + Watercolor Paper (different types)
- How to Get started Mini Workbook: (includes- Alphabet Sheet Guide, practice worksheets, and tips and techniques on painting)
- Small Gift along with a Personalized Name Tag
- An exclusive motivational @lettersbyshells tote bag to carry all the materials home
- Lifetime access to digital downloads, practice sheets, facebook group for support, questions, and lifetime guidance from Shelly
BYOB – crafting is paired best with your favorite drink of choice!
CraftJams are hosted in an intimate setting with a twelve attendee maximum. Make sure to purchase your ticket before the event is sold out!
*Shelly Kim is self-taught Modern Brush Calligrapher based in Southern California. She teaches workshops in the OC and LA areas and works with Tombow as one of their Tombow Brand Ambassadors as well as Prima Marketing Inc as one of their Watercolor Team Members. She is also the author of two card books, Learn to Create Art Deco Lettering and Learn to Create Modern Calligraphy Lettering, both available from Quarto Publishing. She is teaching 4 different GuestJams at CraftJam.