Take your lettering craft to the next level by mastering the modern medium of iPad lettering in this 3-hour workshop with Shelly Kim from Letters by Shells. Learn the basics of iPad lettering and how to apply it to your practice while working through frequently asked questions with the Southern California-based artist!
You’ll need a basic knowledge of lettering - hand or brush - as well as a few extra add-ons to take full advantage of this workshop (see additional requirements below).
In this CraftJam you will:
- Learn the different brushes to use for iPad Lettering
- Practice different pressure levels
- Learn quick tips, techniques & shortcuts utilizing the layers
- Utilize shortcuts for all the other options
- Create the various effects to compliment your lettering
- Create your own brushes
- Create your own stamps
- Create fun backgrounds to compliment your lettering
Requirements for this workshop:
- iPad Pro or newest version of the iPad + Apple Pencil
- Download of the Procreate App by Savage Interactive Pty Ltd ($9.99 at the Apple App Store for iPad Pro)
- Download of the Adobe Photoshop Sketch App by Adobe (Free purchase at the Apple App Store for iPad Pro)
- Some experience with brush lettering, hand lettering, or lettering
This is the perfect workshop to learn the beauty of iPad lettering in a fun, stress-free environment!
Materials provided for this class include:
- Over 20+ Digital Procreate Brushes + Digital Stamps made by me
- Small Gift along with a Personalized Name Tag
- Digital Print to use as screen savers
- Practice Pages for Lettering
- Digital Guide filled with all the tips, techniques, and shortcuts that will be reviewed during the workshop given in a PDF format
BYOB – crafting is paired best with your favorite drink of choice!
CraftJams are hosted in an intimate setting with a twelve attendee maximum. Make sure to purchase your ticket before the event is sold out!
*Shelly Kim is self-taught Modern Brush Calligrapher based in Southern California. She teaches workshops in the OC and LA areas and works with Tombow as one of their Tombow Brand Ambassadors as well as Prima Marketing Inc as one of their Watercolor Team Members. She is also the author of two card books, Learn to Create Art Deco Lettering and Learn to Create Modern Calligraphy Lettering, both available from Quarto Publishing. She is teaching 4 different GuestJams at CraftJam.