Are you ready to make an impact? Block printing is a great way to create catching designs to print on fabric - especially on tote bags! Our beloved Gina is organizing a fundraiser to create and stamp tote bags that tell a very important message - to stop gun violence! Join us for this meaningful event and donate to Everytown.
In this CraftJam you get to draw and hand carve your own design and print it on a tote bag. We will have all the supplies and plenty of inspiration ready for you to start making!
Absolutely no experience is necessary. In under two hours, a certified Jam Master will teach you everything you need to know, including:
- Introduction to fabric block printing tools
- How to create patterns and layered designs
- How to draw and transfer your design on a carving block
- Key carving techniques
- How to use inking plates, breyers and oil based inks
- Essential tips for block printing onto fabric
- Care instructions for your finished project
We have all the tools you need, including linoleum blocks, carving tools and inks as well as a cotton tote bag to take home and carry around the city. If you’d like, you’re welcome to bring a favorite cotton tee to stamp on.
25% of each ticket will be donated to Every Town Charity that supports gun safety movement.
We are looking forward to crafting and making an impact with you!