Join us for one of our most popular CraftJam Academy workshops. Learn the basic techniques of lettering and create a unique hand-drawn wall-art piece. You’ll finish class with the skills to create unique signage and images that will make your blog and social media sites pop!
Hand lettering can be simply defined as “the art of drawing letters” - it is a specific combination of letter forms crafted for a single use, often hand-drawn, with pens, graphite or brushes.
In 3 sessions our JamMaster will introduce you to the basic techniques of hand lettering and guide you in creating a unique hand-drawn wall-art piece. You will finish the workshop with a tutorial on digitizing your designs.
1st week - April 11th:
- Introduction to lettering throughout history
- Defining the difference between typography, calligraphy, and lettering
- Techniques on designing and embellishing letters
2nd week - April 18th:
- Advanced techniques on designing and embellishing letters
- Explore multiple concepts for your final art piece & start sketching
3rd week - April 25th:
- Complete your final art piece
- Introduction to digitizing your lettering
This class is beginner-friendly; no experience necessary! We will have all the supplies and materials ready for you. Also, we are BYOB friendly, so bring a drink of your choice.
This class is especially good for bloggers, small businesses and anybody working in social media. You’ll finish class with the skills to create unique signage and images that will make your blog and social media sites pop!
CraftJam Academy workshops consist of 2 to 3 sessions and are taught by experts in their field who will make sure you thoroughly learn a new skill or deepen the knowledge you already have.