Are you ready to design the coolest tote bag? Block printing is a fun way to make trendy designs from simple patterns to layered illustrations. In this CraftJam you get to draw and hand carve your own design and print it on a cotton tote bag. We will have all the supplies and plenty of inspiration ready for you to start making!
Absolutely no experience is necessary. In under two hours, a certified Jam Master will teach you everything you need to know, including:
- Introduction to fabric block printing tools
- How to create patterns and layered designs
- How to draw and transfer your design on a carving block
- Key carving techniques
- How to use inking plates, breyers and oil-based inks
- Essential tips for block printing onto fabric
- Care instructions for your finished project
We have all the tools you need, including Speedball Speedy Carve blocks and carving tools, as well as breyers and inks in multiple colors and cute cotton tote bags to print on.
BYOB and BYB (Bring Your Besties)! Crafting is paired best with good company and your favorite drink of choice. We also offer a Paper Block Printing Workshops if you are interested in making paper goods!
CraftJams are hosted in an intimate setting with a 12 attendee maximum. Make sure to purchase your ticket before the event is sold out.