Gain serious confidence in your brush lettering practice in this intensive 3-hour workshop with Shelly Kim of Letters by Shells. Learn the basics of movement and materials, practice connecting your lettering, and review frequently asked questions with Shelly as you craft your own unique style, no previous experience required!
In this CraftJam you will learn:
- Ways to hold your brush pen
- Differing pressure levels
- Differences between brush pens
- Common practice drills
- Connecting letters
- Guidance on achieving bouncy lettering
- Guidance on achieving different styles
- Understanding different brush pens by testing over 20 different brands
This class is perfect for beginners and has been tailored for everyone to not only learn a new hobby, but to also discover their own creative side!
All materials for this class will be provided, including:
- Brush Pen Set (Each brush pen are hand-picked and will serve a different purpose)
- 50+ Page Workbook: (includes- Alphabet Sheet Guide, Outline of the basics, practice sheets for both uppercase & lowercase letters, tips and techniques)
- HP Premium Laser Jet Paper to letter on
- Small Gift along with a Personalized Name Tag
- An exclusive motivational @lettersbyshells tote bag to carry all the materials home
- Lifetime access to digital downloads, practice sheets, facebook group for support, questions, and lifetime guidance from Shelly
BYOB – crafting is paired best with your favorite drink of choice!
CraftJams are hosted in an intimate setting with a twelve attendee maximum. Make sure to purchase your ticket before the event is sold out!
*Shelly Kim is self-taught Modern Brush Calligrapher based in Southern California. She teaches workshops in the OC and LA areas and works with Tombow as one of their Tombow Brand Ambassadors as well as Prima Marketing Inc as one of their Watercolor Team Members. She is also the author of two card books, Learn to Create Art Deco Lettering and Learn to Create Modern Calligraphy Lettering, both available from Quarto Publishing. She is teaching 4 different GuestJams at CraftJam.