CraftJam Academy: Modern Calligraphy Workshop (Intermediate)
We are excited to announce a new Intermediate Calligraphy Workshop, a continuation of our popular Craftjam Academy: Modern Calligraphy Workshop Series!
This workshop will reinforce and build on the foundational skills learned in the Craftjam Academy: Modern Calligraphy Workshop. In two sessions, calligrapher Danielle Rothman will guide you through creating your own alphabet exemplar and a silhouette-inspired final project. You will explore new mediums, try more advanced nibs, and practice adding flourishes and embellishments to personalize your writing.
Session 1 - November 7:
- Modern Calligraphy Review
- Practice using more flexible nibs
- Alphabet review
- Creating your own personalized alphabet exemplar for you to use at home
Session 2 - November 14:
- Best practices for using flourishes in your compositions
- Flourish practice
- Using liquid watercolor for calligraphy
- Final project: Making a shape or silhouette with your calligraphy!
This class is for intermediate learners who have completed the CraftJam Academy: Modern Calligraphy Workshop Series. If you have not yet completed this class, you can sign up here. We will have all the supplies and materials ready for you, although it is highly recommended that you bring your straight pen holder from the first series.
As a reminder, we are BYOB friendly, so bring a drink and snack of your choice!