HAND LETTERING WORKSHOPS
Lettering can be simply defined as “the art of drawing letters” - it is a specific combination of letterforms crafted for a single use, often hand-drawn, with pens, graphite or brushes.
This class is especially good for bloggers, small businesses and anybody working in social media. You’ll finish class with the skills to create unique signage and images that will make your blog and social media sites pop!
In three sessions designer Jessie Katz will introduce you to the basic techniques of lettering and guide you in creating a unique hand-drawn wall-art piece. You will finish the workshop with a tutorial on digitizing your designs.
- Introduction to lettering throughout history
- Defining the difference between typography, calligraphy, and lettering
- Techniques on designing and embellishing letters
- Advanced techniques on designing and embellishing letters
- Explore multiple concepts for your final art piece & start sketching
- Complete your final art piece
- Introduction to digitizing your lettering
This class is beginner-friendly; no experience necessary! We will have all the supplies and materials ready for you.
CraftJam Academy Lettering Workshop Series
Hand Lettered Signs